Saturday, June 11, 2011

Assignment 4.2 Learning journal

Tonia Watson-Pieffer 
Assignment 4.2
Learning Journal
June 11, 2011

Strength:   I think the strongest learning experience I have had so far is learning the learning styles perspectives.  I have been in a classroom for over 8 years total and just did things on my own to figure out what type of students I had.   I found out who they were through class observations and just made adjustments to my lesson plans to fit what I needed at the time.   It has been an eye open to realize that each student does actually have a preference of learning styles and it is up to the teacher to make accommodations in class to fit all types of learners.  

Improvement:  My learning in the future can be improved by being open to other ways of teaching and learning.  I do think I teach to my style or preference of learning.   I am a visual learner and lack the auditory component.  I do not like to listen to something or someone for a long period of time so therefore I do not teach that way.  I like to break things up and bring a variation of item to class everyday.  I need to add more hands on into my lectures even when it is an all lecture class that I am teaching.

Insight:   I think the new discovery is giving each student an opportunity to learn to there preference of learning style.  I need to be more accommodating to all students and bring a variation of teaching to the classroom.   I like the “SEE IT, SAY IT, DO IT “rule it bring all three aspect of learning into the classroom.  I am teaching AP right now so with my next chapter of Urinary System I can lecture, test them and let them do some urinalysis so they can see what the end product of the urinary system actually is and what the system does.

No comments:

Post a Comment